Careers at Brammo, Inc.
Brammo, Inc. is a leading electric vehicle technology company headquartered in North America. Brammo designs, develops, and integrates electric powertrains for leading OEMs. Powertrain capabilities include Brammo Power™ Battery Modules, Battery Management Systems, Vehicle Control Units, Display Systems, Charging Systems, Drive Controllers and Software, Electric Traction Motors, Transmissions and EV Telematics. Brammo is currently looking for qualified, passionate people to help create transformational solutions in electric propulsion and energy storage.
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
The ideal candidate will be a motivated and talented engineer with a passion for electric vehicles. This is an opportunity to work with a small innovative team on emerging technology in Lithium-ion batteries and related technologies for high energy content storage for mobile platforms, including power-sports, industrial, agricultural, and military vehicle applications.
Our senior embedded software engineer will be responsible for development of embedded control systems for electric vehicles (EV), hybrid electric vehicles (HEV), and lithium-ion energy storage systems (Li-ion ESS) for vehicle applications. Development includes all levels of software from applications to protocol stacks to device drivers.
- Lead the software strategy, architecture, development and deployment of new products and existing products, ensuring all business objectives are met.
- Assist in the development of the global product-line strategy by participating in the cross-functional product development team.
- Derive system requirements and work packages from high level user requirements.
- Design, implement, test and integrate embedded and Windows based software components.
- Track progress, and ensure quality of (internally or externally) delivered products or components.
- Collect and track all software defects, and ensure that they are corrected in an efficient manner.
- Document the software strategy, architecture, and development in accordance with state of the art and best practice procedures and methods; Prepare design reviews and other engineering documentation as required.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently all manners of project status, plans, and strategies to customers, the immediate team as well as senior and executive leaders; represent the team in a positive and professional way.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software, Computer, Electrical Engineering, or a related engineering field is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a software engineer with strong focus on Embedded real-time system development for mission critical controls
- Experienced using automotive networks such as Canbus, LIN, Flexray,
- Knowledge of wireless communication (blue tooth, Wi-Fi, etc)
- Experience with programming languages: C, C++, C#
- Experience with Software Build Management system is desirable e.g. Final Builder, Jenkins and Installshield
- Experience with mobile OS (iOS and/or Android) highly desirable
Additional credentials will be given extra consideration
- Advanced degree in engineering
- Automotive and/or energy storage system product development experience
- ISO26262 compliant system design and certification